De: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org]En nombre de Steven
Heath
Enviado el: Jueves, 09 de Enero de 2003 03:13 PM
Para: ga@dnso.org
Asunto: RE: [ga] WHOIS accuracy, and name deletions

> Here's a thought I just came up with. If you've registered a
> domain name and
> you actively use it for your website, and you have a number
> of pages in sai
> website, perhaps it wouldn't be too much trouble to include
> one wherein
> someone suing you as per the UDRP could serve the process on
> you and obtain
> proof of service thereof.

I was not aware that domain names can only be used for websites.

Other than that the entire approach is the same as email, if a website is
run by a sole person and they are on vacation, or sick, or whatever they may
still not read this message, even assuming that the page used to 'serve' the
'process' was actually sent AND received.

Thinking out loud I could see a great idea of using the 'official' page to
send a UDRP type notice to the 'owners' of a website and have my firewall or
similar device drop the out bound packets as they leave my network. I would
have 'proof' that I sent the request and thus can start any takedown process
without worrying about the pesky aspect of the registrant knowing about it
and trying to stop it!

Glib comments or ideas can not solve this issue. We MUST start with the
entire concept of what information needs to be exposed publicly and which
should be exposed 'with cause' or payment of a small fee and then move to
implementation concepts.

Steven Heath
.nz news & views
www.nznews.org.nz