[ga] Re: Good bye

As of Tue 10 December 2002, 623 persons were registered in the DNSO GA voting
registry.

As of today, only those that belong to entrenched special interest groups may
express their views by way of a vote.  As of today, only those that suck up
to ICANN management may elect their own leadership.  As of today, the right
to quantify the sentiment of the General Public through the voting process
within an ICANN Supporting Organization no longer exists.

Lest we forget, this is the price we paid for exercising our right to vote.
It is the direct consequence of calling for a re-bid of the ICANN contracts.
ICANN tolerates no dissent, and ICANN never once consulted with the
membership of the General Assembly before deciding to write it out of
existence.   Like the At-Large, members of the General Assembly are not
viewed as "essential stakeholders", they are only viewed as a hotbed of
critics to be silenced, a union to be busted so that the Cartel may thrive
without "distractions".

For now, the new "efficient" ICANN will attempt to manage a public trust, but
it will never gain the trust of the public.