Re: [ga] ga chair elections

With all due respect:

the base for the GA is not only based upon what the board wants and
thinks to begin with.
Unles i am mistaken there is a "likewise" facility of advise proposed.
It does not in any sense take away the usefulness of a GA representing
every constituency and those not in any constituency to discuss matters
ICANN.

Pres. Bush is plannin on ww3, yet i am not digging my grave yet, but
live on in hope of preventing just that.

I suggest we maintain decorum and move forward as is written in the
by-laws until such bylaws have been abolished.

shooting my calves because they will probably drown is against my
principles.

kind regards

abel

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 20:44, DPF wrote:
> On 19 Nov 2002 14:19:17 +0000, Abel WIsman <abel@able-towers.com>
> wrote:
>
> >according to http://www.dnso.org/dnso//notes/2002/DNSO-GAchair.html it
> >was on November 17th 2001 that the chair of the GA and the chair of the
> >NC with the secretariat of the NC determined the elections for GA and
> >Alt GA Chair.
> >
> >The process commenced on the 23d of November.
> >
> >I kindly suggest to the Chair to initiate the same procedure at this
> >precise moment in time in agreement with the current ICANN Bylaws
> >Article VI-B Section 2 (i)
>
> The Board, IIRC, has voted to abolish the GA in its current form so
> there is no point in going to new elections because by the time they
> could be concluded the jobs will not exist
>
> DPF
> --
> E-mail: david@farrar.com
> ICQ:    29964527
> MSN:    dpf666@hotmail.com
Information in this electronic mail message is confidential and may be
privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
the
intended recipient any use,disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
message is prohibited and may be unlawful,

Any attachement has been checked for viruses but please rely on your own
virus checker and procedures.

If you contact us by email we will store your name and address to
facilitate communications.

Able Towers and Able Consultancy are tradenames of Moordata Ltd.

2 Brickett Close
Ruislip
Middlesex
HA4 7YE