Re: [ga] ga chair elections

On 20 Nov 2002 01:30:14 +0000, Abel WIsman <abel@able-towers.com>
wrote:

>With all due respect:
>
>the base for the GA is not only based upon what the board wants and
>thinks to begin with.
>Unles i am mistaken there is a "likewise" facility of advise proposed.
>It does not in any sense take away the usefulness of a GA representing
>every constituency and those not in any constituency to discuss matters
>ICANN.
>
>Pres. Bush is plannin on ww3, yet i am not digging my grave yet, but
>live on in hope of preventing just that.
>
>I suggest we maintain decorum and move forward as is written in the
>by-laws until such bylaws have been abolished.

Sigh - people seem so keen to waste time on the pointless.

The Board has already voted to abolish the GA and this will take
effect automatically upon adoption of the Transition Article in
December.

What would be far more useful to discuss is:

- Petitioning for an Individual Constituency to join the GNSO
- Seeking consensus on how best to maintain a discussion forum where
ICANN can be discussed by any interested party

DPF
--
E-mail: david@farrar.com
ICQ:    29964527