Re: [ga] ITU Resolution 102 -- four years later

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 12:44:48PM +0200, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin took time to write:
> On 00:00 19/10/02, Ross Wm. Rader said:
> >This might just be the most ridiculous line of reasoning that I've seen
> >for a long time. Either that or a very poor attempt at fear-mongering.
> >Which is it?
>
> Dear Ross,
> I just computed that I personnally paid more than $ 70.000 to Verisign
> those last years to support common interest projects (this is personnal
> matters but I trust you enough to disclose details to you if you so wish,
> and being in that trade you will understand quickly). This represents
> roughly 3000 DNs for various stages societal projects for France, Europe

You are free to choose whatever supplier you want... and maybe not
the cheapest one. Do not blame others or the market for that.
If you wish to pay ~$23 (from your data) per domain name, it is your
choice.

> and developping countries. Some I gave up due to that cost. And I have good
> rates.

$23 for a domain name is a good rate ?

> You may understand that I fully share Elisabeth's feelings. But I am
> interested in your justification of that $ 70.000 out of my family pocket.
> What is it, if not an US tax? Loot?

Bad investments/choices ?

Patrick Mevzek.