Re: [ga] FYI: Future of .su

Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:

> Besides, I recall John Klensin explaining several times that
> country codes such as .SU or .GB will remain preserved in the
> DNS for stability purposes.

I don't believe that's IANA's current practice:

"When an alpha-2 code for a country is changed on the ISO 3166-1 list, the
IANA's historical practice has been to set up a top-level domain with the
new code and to delegate it to the same manager as the existing top-level
domain, with the expectation that a transition will occur and that the
deprecated top-level domain will be deleted once the migration is
completed."

http://www.iana.org/reports/zr-report-20jun01.htm

     -- Bret