Re: [ga] FYI: Future of .su

At 1:03 PM -0700 10/20/02, Bret Fausett wrote:
">and that the
>deprecated top-level domain will be deleted once the migration is
>completed."

I don't think migration can ever be completed, accurately.

There will be existing links on other websites (yes, and email addresses,
etc), pointing to information at .su sites that is historical and
important. Breaking those links is not conducive to a stable network.

I feel the best thing to do would be to freeze the TLD - no new
registrations allowed, but existing ones remain and if the entity managing
the TLD no longer exists, a volunteer entity continues to manage the TLD,
possibly for free, and restricting changes to NS updates only (ie no
further ownership changes for domains).

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?