RE: [ga] Interesting WIPO ruling re: NewZealand.biz

Hello,

--- Andy Gardner <andy@navigator.co.nz> wrote:
> And should canada.com.mx be the exclusive right of the country of
> Canada,
> or can the shoe store use it?

Also, at which level should we stop? If I owned sex.com, am I allowed
to have:

http://newzealand.sex.com/   <<-- this does resolve, due to wildcards

It was pointed out to me (thanks to John Berryhill) that there *is* a
case pending for NewZealand.com, WIPO D2002-0754 -- one can do searches
at:

http://www.icann.org/cgi-bin/udrp/udrp.cgi

It'd be an outrage if Virtual Countries lost their domain.

My opinion is that there's no 'new law' on the internet -- it's just
another medium to which the body of law developed over the past 6000
years or so applies. Just like TV or radio, laws will adapt, and
ridiculous rulings by those who ignore history eventually will not
stand.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/