RE: [ga] Interesting WIPO ruling re: NewZealand.biz

At 1:20 PM -0500 10/10/02, Rodrigo  Orenday Serrato wrote:
>One of the biggest problems that I find in domain names is that the
>registration of those which include generic names and terms commonly used,
>like the name of a country, is not banned, unlike trade and service marks.

I'm sorry? You want to BAN the registration of generic names and commonly
used terms?

What's left after that?

Ah! Trade and Service Marks.

You want the DNS to be the sole property of the corporations of the planet?

Just as a matter of interest, the registration of trade and service marks
is NOT banned. Nor should it be.

If I want to register coke.info and put up a site extolling the virtues of
de-gassed coal, I'll damn well do it, and the Coca Cola company can kiss my
hairy white butt.

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?