Re: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

> We ask for EQUAL voting representation.

As I noted yesterday, the big problem with set voting blocks is that the
allocation doesn't take any account of the issue under discussion. Take UDRP
revision as one example. The groups most impacted are trademark holders and
domain name registrants. Registrars have an implementation obligation. But
where is the gTLD registry interest? Under the "equal voting representation"
plan, however, when UDRP revision comes up for consideration in the GNSO
Council, the gTLD registries will have 25% of the votes. Does that make any
sense? By the same token, where's the intellectual property interest (as
distinguishable from the interests of registrants generally) in transfers?
Yet we're setting up a system in which established groups will have a set
vote on each and every issue.

         -- Bret