Re: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

> We ask for EQUAL voting representation.  Where does it say in the above
> statement that the contracted parties should have MORE voting rights than
> the noncontracting parties in the aggregate?

Preferential treatment. Registries and Registrars each represent but one
interest group.

> Where does it say that
> noncontracting parties should not have any say in policies?

Its implicit in the position. Further, I've heard it said many times "Users
should not have a role in determining the policies/rules/processes/code that
registries/registrars are forced to implement."

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

Please review our ICANN Reform Proposal:
http://www.byte.org/heathrow