Re: User input in the ccSO (was Re: [ga] FW: Comment from the gTLD Registry Constituency

Here is the problem. Who should be developing the international
standards?
The worry is that when they are declared, that due to other political
causes, governments will force country nics into to using them.
The whois and the WLS are prime examples of ICANN being out of
touch.
What this results in, with the current system or the ERC concepts, is
that the IP
and major corporations route around community representation in ccTLDs.
I must say that dotCA has prevented such a result, but they are a large
developed
country and I do not believe this can be accomplished in our developing
countries.

Eric