[ga] Loss of voting rights, October 20, 2002

The Council Chair has posted the following notice.
(excerpts):

ISPCPC:
Show-cause notice on July 18, 2002
Final notice August 20, 2002
Loss of voting rights, October 20, 2002
ISPCPC amount owed $13.994 for 2002
A 5% late fee of $699.70 was levied on 18 July, 2002.
An additional 5% late payment fee of $ 699.70 for the final notice, August
20.

NCDNHC:
Loss of voting rights, October 20, 2002
NCDNHC amount owed $13.774 fore 2002
A 5% late fee of $699.20 was levied on 18 July, 2002.
An additional 5% late payment fee of $ 699.20 (final notice)

ccTLDs:
Show cause notice July 18, 2002
Final notice August 20, 2002
Loss of voting rights, October 20, 2002
ccTLD amount owed  $11,994.
A 5% late fee of $599.70 levied on 18 July, 2002
An additional 5% late payment fee of $ 524.75

Conclusion
**********

Until payment is received for all past due amounts, including any late
payment fees, the ccTLDs, NCDNHC, and ISPCPC will lose voting rights as of
20 October 2002.  This will have an impact on the Names Council meeting on
28 Oct 2002.

Note that the lack of voting rights does not stop the participation of all
constituencies in names council meetings.  I hope the non-voting
constituencies will continue to participate actively in names council
activities until (or if) the new GNSO and CNSO are formed.

What I propose is that for any resolution that is voted on after 20 October
2002, we note:
(1) for, against, and abstentions for voting members which will decide names
council resolutions in accordance with our rules of procedure and ICANN
bylaws
(2) for, against, and abstentions for non-voting members - this information
will be made publicly available in the minutes of the names council

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc11/msg00092.html

Had the ICANN Board approved the DNSO resolution to underwrite the costs of
the DNSO Secretariat, we wouldn't now be in this predicament.  However, that
particular effort was effectively sabotaged by the registrars and registries
that through the Budget Advisory Committee recommended against any such
financial support...

What a wonderful affirmation of the concern of "contracting parties" for the
needs of the user community.