Re: [ga] Froomkin's antitrust advice

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 07:54:22PM -0500, Andy Gardner wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Joe Sims wrote:
>
>> I suggest that readers take Professor Froomkin's advice on antitrust with a
>> very large grain of salt; it would be an understatement to say he is not an
>> antitrust expert.  Any competent antitrust lawyer would tell you that
>
> You're hardly the one to be making a call on competence.

Joe's Bio from Jones-Day
(http://www1.jonesday.com/attorneys/bio.asp?AttorneyID=13072):

  Joe Sims chairs both the Firm's Technology Issues practice and the
  Antitrust & Trade Regulation practice.  His practice is concentrated
  in antitrust and related areas of government regulation and includes
  litigation, counseling, and agency practice before state and federal
  courts, antitrust enforcement agencies, and various specialized
  agencies (e.g., FCC and DOT) where competition policy or antitrust
  issues arise.  He has especially broad experience in dealing with
  mergers and acquisitions and with the full range of antitrust issues
  involving technology, telecommunications, and the electronic media
  industries.  Representative clients in recent public matters include
  Abbott Laboratories; AOL Time Warner; Aventis S.A.; Ernst & Young;
  Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN); Liberty
  Media; Nextel Communications; Procter & Gamble; R.J.  Reynolds Tobacco
  Co.; TV Guide, Inc.; Viacom; and The Williams Companies.

  Joe is a member of the American Bar Association (Antitrust Law
  Section, former chair of the Section 1 Committee and the Civil
  Practice and Procedure Committee; Administrative Law and Regulatory
  Practice Section; Litigation Section; and Business Law Section, former
  chair of the Antitrust Law Committee).  He is a Fellow of the American
  Bar Foundation and a member of The American Law Institute.  He serves
  on the Executive Committee of the Institute for Law and Technology of
  the Center for American and International Law.

  Joe regularly writes and lectures on antitrust and related subjects.
  He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, in The World's Leading
  Lawyers, and in various other publications recognizing leading
  antitrust lawyers in the world.  In 2001, he was included in a listing
  of the world's top 10 antitrust lawyers by Global Counsel magazine,
  and in 2000 was one of 15 lawyers recognized as the "Dealmakers of the
  Year" by The American Lawyer magazine.  He is admitted to practice
  before the United States Supreme Court and a majority of the federal
  courts of appeal.