[ga] Re: "The constituency model hasn't worked, and it's not going to work."

Jim and all assembly members,

  Respectfully I and many of our members disagree in part with Danny
but yet do agree with Rick Wesson comments and statements with
respect to the constituency model.

  The constituency model as Danny partly states and Rick states
has not worked thus far.  This does not mean it cannot or should not.
Danny is right in part also that had there been an open formation of
other constituencies which was at one time hotly debated, the constituency
model might have worked well or at least better than it is now.  To a degree
The Constituency model has worked well for the IPC, and the BC
as they are the only constituencies that the ICANN BoD have been
paying any serious attention to as the did ram through the WLS and
the UDRP as well as it now seems the .ORG decisions.

Jim Fleming wrote:

> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-full/Arc11/msg00710.html
> From: DannyYounger@cs.com
> "The constituency model hasn't worked, and it's not going to work."
> ====
>
> Correct, that was known before it was adopted. People would not listen.
> You do not seem to have all of the history of why that approach was used.
> To make a long story short, it was adopted to PREVENT any challenge to
> the insiders. They are not stupid. They knew they could rely on people
> jumping in head over heals to be part of a democracy that had no ability to
> impact anything. All of the resources are carefully controlled by other methods.
> The insiders have very valuable resources to control and to keep away from
> any notion of democratic participation.
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
>
> In a true democracy, people participate because they have an interest in the
> resources they represent. They do not participate to be part of an experiment.
> In real life they protect their land and their physical bodies, their friends and
> their families. They also protect their assets. They vote on representatives to
> help themselves to collectively protect their assets. They participate because they
> have a vested interest. There are resources backing their participation.
>
> The constituency model divides people. It allows the insiders to retain all of the
> control, while giving un-educated people the impression they are part of some
> sort of democratic process. The insiders rely on an infinite number of people to
> jump into their model, thinking it will work. Those people find it is an empty hope.
> The insiders do not care, they are not wasting their time there. They set up the
> model to distract and to depower the people. It angers them when people become
> educated and see thru the sham.
>
> Jim Fleming
> 2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...IPv16 is even closer...
> http://www.netfilter.org/
> http://www.analogx.com/contents/dnsdig.htm
> http://ipv8.dyndns.tv
> http://ipv8.yi.org
> http://ipv8.dyns.cx
> http://ipv8.no-ip.com
> http://ipv8.no-ip.org
> http://ipv8.no-ip.biz
> http://ipv8.no-ip.info
> http://ipv8.myip.us
> http://ipv8.dyn.ee
> http://ipv8.community.net.au
> http://ipv8.ods.org

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 972-244-3801