Re: [ga] RE: Antitrust Violations: Fact versus Fiction

That looks very much like WLS to me.

Wednesday, September 25, 2002, 9:24:51 AM, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law <froomkin@law.miami.edu> wrote:
MFUMSoL> if the participants are in the US and are participants in a "market" and
MFUMSoL> they are not acting at the goverment's direction, and they engage in
MFUMSoL> concerted action to contraol the market in a way that restrains
MFUMSoL> competition and if a small number of exceptions don't apply, then they are
MFUMSoL> violating section 1 of the Sherman Act.

MFUMSoL> I suggest you try reading the paper.

MFUMSoL> On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 eric@hi-tek.com wrote:

>> Wow,
>>
>> For US anti-trust law it matters not how you characterize the subject of the
>> enterprise?
>> Steel, Microsoft, cars, Bar Associations, Telephone companies, Utility
>> companies, hardware stores, and stock traders and satellites, telegraphs and
>> railroads and baseball are all handled the same?
>> Wow!  Damn those Roosevelts, they sure fooled me.  Oh and that guy Cordoza,
>> and Brandeis and Marshall, shoot they were just playing.  Do you have a
>> correspondence course so I could learn more of this revisionist history
>> lesson?  I did not notice that common law and civil law through out precedence
>> when the Internet was established.
>> Come on, whether the internet is a USG resource, a commodity or a service and
>> whether it is vital to national and international security and whether it will
>> work without consolidation are  the core questions, you ivory tower guys just
>> avoid it.  Why not define it?
>>
>> "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" wrote:
>>
>> > <much snippage>
>> > For US anti-trust law it matters not how you characterize "the Internet",
>> > only how you characterize various relationships among the parties, so for
>> > this purpose we don't need to get into the deep waters you wish us to swim
>> > in.

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----