Re: [ga] RE: Antitrust Violations: Fact versus Fiction

Wrong again,

This is the same kind of thing that caused derision in the at-large group.

I am sure that what you meant to say was;

"and if someone complains and a government prosecutor decides it is expedient both
politically and legally, then and only then will a participant be charged with a
violation of section 1 of the Sherman Act and then only if it is not in direct
conflict with national interests and there is funding to support it, and then a duly
organized and appropriate court my determine a violation of the Sherman Act"

The discrepancy between real life and Ivory Tower proclamations of Law are huge.
Trademark law application on a day to day basis, pragmatics and economics are
completely different than hypotheticals.
Antitrust enforcement has almost always been a political and economic with the legal
justification being an after the fact justification.

I ran a little search and the most often quoted source was none other than the
author.

Great for a course syllabus but lacking in business practice.