Re: [ga] Censoring

Don Brown wrote:

> (many cc's trimmed)
>
> There are not the same thing.
>
> A person who yells fire in a theater is not protected by the first
> amendment.

Here is where you are wrong and you make my point perfectly.
What you wanted to say was "crowded theater" - then you had to follow up with and it
causes a problem of some sort - clearly if he is watching a war movie and wants the hero
to shoot at the bad guy then it is ok to yell fire.

> It's called taking personal responsibility for following the rules.

Yes absolutely and a government contracted body may not abridge free speech in the US.
It is the higher rule that I am talking about, you are somehow confusing that with ESL
people determining what is right in English, especially when they probably learned a
version of Queens English as opposed to American English.  But even that makes no sense
if you attend a rowdy Paliment session. Will call the threat of being censored prior
restraint and it is the worst form of censorship because it even limits thought to  what
might be acceptable.

> You didn't (and apparently are still resistive) and were appropriately
> reminded by the list monitor.

> Let's move on.

The Internet and Domain Names of which this body falls under DNSO is all about open
communication and assuring it's reliability, accessibility and stability.  To suggest
that ones ability to freely communicate is not the key component of this fora is hiding
your head in the sand.

Read some court decisions, even read some WIPO decisions on the Fu--SoandSo domain names
and you will find an International Standard, then criticize me for my speech.  Go to the
main ICANN discuss lists and read,
and then read what our staff lawyers have written about restricting the speech.  Look up
a guy named Eisenberg and read his articles on monitoring a site and the liability it
creates.

I will fight to the death for your right to say what you said but you are wrong and have
not attempted to become informed on a subject prior to offering an opinion.

Sincerely,
Eric