Re: [ga] Re: [ga-abuse] [Monitor & Chair] Reminder and Final Warnings: Sims,Dierker, Field, Fleming

Kristy McKee wrote:

>1)  Why not make the ga-abuse list public if you are going to selectively
>forward postings from it?

I beg your pardon?
Would it be too much to ask you to get your facts straight before posting?
If my reply was sent to GA-abuse, and had the [ga-abuse] on the header, it
was only because *your* message was sent to both, and my reply-all,
therefore, as well.

>2)  Please show three examples of Kent Crispin engaging in polite dialogue
>on this list.  He posted recently, maybe you'll find those to your liking.

As above, please get your facts straight before hitting the Reply key.
These are the last 3 postings from Kent on the GA list.
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc10/msg02778.html
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc10/msg02964.html
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc10/msg02973.html

>I think our abuse archive in combination with the monitored list archive
>proves he, like other members of ICANN receive special posting and
>communication privileges which is unfair.

We had this discussion before, sorry for repeating.
In the case of Kent, he was suspended and I, as chair, judged that his
apologies warranted lifting the sanctions, an attitude that I have had also
towards other, non-ICANN posters.
In the case of Joe Sims, this was his first offense, and it has been common
practice to give a warning and not a suspension in these cases.

>3)  In reference to Mr. Fleming's over posting:
>http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc10/mail58.html.
>
>That's three on the 16th and five on the 17th according to the dnso.org
>time zone.  True Jim was in his own; but was it really so awful that it
>should be included with a warning to someone whose post was one long
>slander-fest?  And why did Mr. Sims not receive a specific warning?  Rather
>his shocking message was lumped in as offensive as someone who posts more
>than five messages per day.  What kind of message are you intending to
>send, the one received?

Whether you like it or not, the rule is to use the person's own time zone,
for the simple reason that the person might not always be aware of DNSO's
time zone, while he/she is supposed to know his/her own.
Incidentally, if I remember correctly, Jim Fleming has been warned before
for off-topic posting.
Anyway, if your objection is that people should have individual warnings
rather than being lumped together, I personally don't see the difference,
and I assume that Alexander can take your recommandation into account.

Last but not least, I would like to bring to your attention that my point
about the Jim Fleming case was only that you accused Alexander of having
miscounted, while who was miscounting was you.

Again, please, PLEASE, get your facts straight before posting.

Regards
Roberto
(rest of the message trimmed for bandwidth - was
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc10/msg03523.html)