[ga] Re: [csif-l 706] ICANN preliminary report tips ISOC to run .org
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [ga] Re: [csif-l 706] ICANN preliminary report tips ISOC to run .org
- From: Sotiris Sotiropoulos <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:02:51 -0400
- References: <6E73BE89626B004790F0CAFA57284BE0F99171@exch1.aclu.org>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-GB; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020530
Chris Chiu wrote:
>A preliminary staff report by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names
>and Numbers recommends that the Internet Society be chosen to run the .org
>top-level domain. ICANN is expected to reach a formal decision on this
>subject by late September 2002.
>Global Internet Liberty Campaign Organizer
>American Civil Liberties Union
If ISOC is going to be running a Registry, does this not invalidate
their eligibility for inclusion in User representation/recommendation
bodies (i.e. ALOC/ALAC)? I asked this on this very same GA List months
ago and there was not a single response...
Perhaps someone will comment this time round?
This message was passed to you via the email@example.com list.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe
("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html