[ga] Re: At-Large Supporting Organization

Hello Vint,

Thank you for the prompt response.  I am sure that you understand that an
Advisory Committee, while providing opportunities for participation, is not
the equivalent of a Supporting Organization in that it cannot elect
representatives to the Board.  Is there a particular reason why the Board is
not amenable to such representation for the At-large community?  The ALSC
proposal for such an SO did have a broad base of community support -- the
only issue appeared to be the number of directors that it would elect...

I can understand your decision to back away from global elections, but I find
it harder to understand why you would shy away from a representative
construct (the Supporting Organization) that has already served the
Corporation well.  Perhaps you and your fellow Board members can clarify your
thinking on this matter.  It certainly would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Danny