[ga] Re: At-Large Supporting Organization

Danny, if you haven't been following matters, Denise Michel and others are working hard on an At Large Assistance Committee and I believe with some luck and hard work it will be possible to develop this idea further. Whether it will be ripe for action during the near term remains an open question but eventually the possibility seems to be there.

vint

 At 01:52 PM 8/15/2002 -0400, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>Dear members of the Board,
>
>In your opinion, would it serve the purposes of the Corporation to create an
>additional Supporting Organization for the At-large?
>
>After a year's worth of intensive discussion and analysis, your own
>blue-ribbon committee headed up by the distinguished statesman, Carl Bildt,
>presented such a consensus-based recommendation to you (the ALSO), and we
>have not heard the nature of your objections, if any, to this concept.  Such
>a Supporting Organization would allow every participant in the ICANN process
>to participate in the election of directors --  none would be
>disenfranchised, and you would put an end to the disparity between those
>electoral rights accorded to current stakeholders and the lack of such
>equivalent rights for the rest of the community.
>
>I would appreciate hearing your views.
>
>Best wishes,
>Danny Younger

Vint Cerf