Re: [ga] Nomination Procedure for nominating ICANN Board Director candidates

Elisabeth and all assembly members,

  Ok.  But I hope the NC realizes this makes the ICANN BoD and staff
look very incompetent, and the NC also less than competent
but to a lesser degree than the ICANN BoD and staff...

Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:

> Bret,
>
> Today Bylaws set up obligations on each SOs, one of them is to proceed
> on time and to elect ICANN Board directors.
>
> Until we receive the clear implementation schedule and timeline
> for ICANN 2 (whatever it is, as amended in Bucharest, work in progress,
> letters to DoC in progress, see your own blog), we have to follow rules.
> Otherwise it is anarchy.
>
> Elisabeth Porteneuve
>
> --
> > From owner-ga@dnso.org Fri Aug  9 18:56 MET 2002
> > Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 09:55:55 -0700
> > Subject: Re: [ga] Nomination Procedure for nominating ICANN Board Director
> >       candidates
> > From: Bret Fausett <fausett@lextext.com>
> > To: DNSO Secretariat <DNSO.secretariat@dnso.org>, <ga@dnso.org>
> >
> > Can someone clarify what we're doing here? I'm a bit confused. By the time
> > the new Director elected pursuant to the just announced process would be
> > seated, the Reform process will have been completed. I'm assuming that the
> > Blueprint, or something very close to it, will be in place at that point,
> > which would give the GNSO only two Board seats.
> >
> > In the likely event the Blueprint passes, the GNSO then will need to hold
> > *new* elections for its two Board seats. Existing DNSO Board representatives
> > might be reelected, but I wouldn't favor allowing them to retain their seats
> > without standing for election, as that wouldn't account for the GNSO's new
> > status (which will have a new make-up to the constituencies) or its new
> > priorities.
> >
> > Is there a way to compress this process so we don't waste time and effort by
> > holding redundant elections?
> >
> >         -- Bret
> >
> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827