Re: [ga] Nomination Procedure for nominating ICANN Board Directorcandidates

There's more than one way to do this...without throwing ourselves into
anarchy. Here are just three alternatives, each possible under the current
bylaws:

(1) Ask each of the DNSO-elected Directors to resign now but effective at
the close of the Board meeting on 31 October 2002. Hold elections now for
two replacements (plus one alternate in the event that three Directors are
required under ICANN 2.0). The current bylaws permit the DNSO to fill a
vacancy under Article V, Section 12.

(2) Vote now to remove the sitting DNSO Directors under Article V, Section
11 effective at the close of the Board meeting on 31 October 2002. Then, as
described in (1), hold new elections.

(3) Have the Council vote to extend the term of Mr. Pisanty, with the
blessing of the Board, for a period of 90 days, which ought to be sufficient
to finalize reform and hold new elections within the new GNSO.