Re: [ga] Nomination Procedure for nominating ICANN Board Directorcandidates

Can someone clarify what we're doing here? I'm a bit confused. By the time
the new Director elected pursuant to the just announced process would be
seated, the Reform process will have been completed. I'm assuming that the
Blueprint, or something very close to it, will be in place at that point,
which would give the GNSO only two Board seats.

In the likely event the Blueprint passes, the GNSO then will need to hold
*new* elections for its two Board seats. Existing DNSO Board representatives
might be reelected, but I wouldn't favor allowing them to retain their seats
without standing for election, as that wouldn't account for the GNSO's new
status (which will have a new make-up to the constituencies) or its new
priorities.

Is there a way to compress this process so we don't waste time and effort by
holding redundant elections?

        -- Bret