Re: [ga] Nomination Procedure for nominating ICANN Board Director candidates

Bret and all assembly members,

  I am also as confused at this announcement as you are Bret.  For the
life of me it seems that your assumption regarding this announced election
and the "Black-and-Blueprint" supposed reform effort are jux posed...
???

Bret Fausett wrote:

> Can someone clarify what we're doing here? I'm a bit confused. By the time
> the new Director elected pursuant to the just announced process would be
> seated, the Reform process will have been completed. I'm assuming that the
> Blueprint, or something very close to it, will be in place at that point,
> which would give the GNSO only two Board seats.
>
> In the likely event the Blueprint passes, the GNSO then will need to hold
> *new* elections for its two Board seats. Existing DNSO Board representatives
> might be reelected, but I wouldn't favor allowing them to retain their seats
> without standing for election, as that wouldn't account for the GNSO's new
> status (which will have a new make-up to the constituencies) or its new
> priorities.
>
> Is there a way to compress this process so we don't waste time and effort by
> holding redundant elections?
>
>         -- Bret

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827