Re: [ga] Text of Letter to U.S. Commerce Dept. on ICANN Reform

Marc and all assembly members or other interested parties,

Marc Schneiders wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, at 18:06 [=GMT-0400], DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>
> > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A31870-2002Aug1.html
>
> Marvelous quote, Lynn dismissing the joint protest of Verisign and the
> European ccTLDs registries against the blueprint:
>
> *"A registry by definition has a monopoly, so they all have a common
> *interest in preserving individual monopolistic practices, so they
> *don't want to be accountable to anybody."
>
> Is by definition the registry of registries (to wit ICANN) exempt
> from this interest in preserving monopolies? If so, why?

  Now there's a good question!  Well done here Marc. The  ICANN
Bod and staff made it's bed, now it has to lie in it, or change the
sheets, so to speak.  To me Lynn was the pot calling the Kettel
black...  So he flip-flops yet again...  When will that guy learn?!

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827