Re: [ga] Re: ICANN & transfers

Ross,

After a fairly careful review of your positions I would like to add some comment
regarding public policy and contracting.

My last understanding is that 48 states, (New Hampshire and Louisiana
withstanding), Mexico, France, Vietnam and Australia and Canada will hold any
contract in violation of public policy void or voidable.  Determining public
policy may be a complicated court matter, indeed in the Cavebear vs ICANN case
they may determine that public policy dictates that provisions regarding
disclosure or lack thereof are out of line and void.  It is easy when we have
direct laws that deal with such concepts, but when we are lacking in legislative
direction we must look to accepted professional bodies to determine proper
standard - and there is the rub.  The Internet has acceptable professional
bodies that in all truth suck air in policy matters.
So I ask that you review your positions with a definitive view toward
establishing exactly what is the policy which you seek to invoke and on what
basis that was determined.
I applaud your efforts and only hope that you make them more ironclad.

Sincerely,
Eric