Re: [ga] WLS is dead (or should be): Names Council vote comments

Jeff and all assembly members

Neuman, Jeff wrote:

> Actually Mr. Kirikos, the Names Council did not vote on rejecting the WLS,
> but rather voted to adopt the report.

  Yeah, I have been trying to get George to understand this important
point that he seems to have missed yet again.

> That was a recognition of the process
> the TF used and a recognition that the report adequately represents the view
> of those that participated in the Task Force.  It was not approval for the
> substance contained within the report.  Please do not confuse the  two
> points.

  Exactly.  And as such seemingly engineered to be purposefully
confusing as well...

> I also think you misunderstand the points raised during the meeting with
> respect to the ccTLDs.  After listening to the archives myself, I understood
> the debate to focus on whether the ccTLDs should be allowed to vote on
> something that they themselves have admitted was a gTLD (and not a ccTLD
> issue)  They are voting to impose restrictions on gTLDs that they themselves
> would never agree to in a million years.  In fact, interestingly enough the
> ccTLDs voted to have ICANN move "hastily to implement the Redemption Grace
> Period."  Does this mean that the ccTLDs are agreeing to have ICANN
> implement the RGP and that by voting to impose it on the gTLDs, that they
> are agreeing to adopt it themselves?  Of course, not.  I believe that is the
> concern expressed by the gTLD Constituency representatives.
>
> By the way, I think it would be great for the ccTLDs to follow ICANN's
> mandate and adopt the Redemption Grace Period.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827