Re: [ga] icannatlarge.com (not at-large.org) STATUS: NOMINATIONSAND SECONDS

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:29:45 -0500, you wrote:

>What are you talking about???!!??
>
>They are ALWAYS in the same room... along with several other personae.
>
>I think a more pertainent questions is "When are we going to develop a mechanism
>to verify credentials?"

You know... that's the big issue about any online organization who is
supposed to hold elections of any kind. It is very difficult to
imagine a method that's both effective and practical (which also means
not too costly and easily accessible to all online users in all
countries). Said this, I think it is possible to develop mechanisms
that offer a reasonable certainty with reasonable costs, especially if
they are developed locally - for example, in certain countries there
already are provisions and instruments for legally certified online
identities, or you could use a "viral" method such as personal
certification of newcomers by other already certified persons, with
random sample checks from the centre.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------