Re: [ga] icannatlarge.com (not at-large.org) STATUS: NOMINATIONS AND SECONDS

Hello,

--- James Love <james.love@cptech.org> wrote:
> This is the current state of nominations for ICANNatlarge.com...,
> which
> should not be confused with the confusingly similarly named
> Esther/Denise
> ICANN run at-large.org effort.

> 4. NON-MEMBER nominees (who are INELIGIBLE unless they join):
> George Kirikos  (nom. by Joanna Lane)

Thanks Joanna! :)

But, what's icannatlarge.com all about, though? Is it recognized by
anyone, especially given that there seems to be more than one competing
"at large"? Is the use of the ICANN logo on the website with anyone's
permission, too?

Given limited time, I'm a pragmatist and wouldn't want to waste energy
on matters that are purely academic (unlike WLS, WHOIS, competition and
other stuff, for instance, where input does seem to be having an
impact).

Groucho Marx once said "I could never join a club which would have me
as a member!". :) Although, an even wiser person (Shakespeare) wrote
"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness
thrust upon ’em."

I remain,

Your cookie monster,

and humble servant,