Re: [ga] Re: .info LR2 process and failure of ICANN to heed warnings

----- Original Message -----
From: "William X Walsh" <william@wxsoft.info>

> > Round-robin lottery system with some minimum queue length restriction is
> > more beneficial to ordinary registrants/regitarars and the registry itself free from those
> > hassles.
>
> I don't agree, we've seen the messes, and I predicted they would be
> messy when they first announced their silly plans.  And they turned
> out to be even more messy than I had envisioned.

In the .info LR2, Afilias had not imposed any minimum queue length enforcement,
all the mess came out from this "hole". By Richard's accounts, a registrar
submitted  only three domain applications, and all the three domains were
successfully registered.
If Afilias had padded the short queue with 1000 dummy entries before random shuffling,
the name distribution would have become more fair. But the horse is already dead. :-)

> There is no ideal solution,

I agree.

From Seoul.