Re: [ga] Re: .info LR2 process and failure of ICANN to heed warnings

Thursday, July 18, 2002, 3:28:45 AM, Soobok Lee wrote:

> In FCFS realtime landrush  some registrars may suffer from more lagged responses due to
> registar-specific network topologies. That's not fair to non-US registrar which
> is far by dozens of network hops from US registry servers, in this milisecond-scale race.

I didn't say it was the perfect solution, just that none of the others
are more fair.

> Round-robin lottery system with some minimum queue length restriction is
> more beneficial to ordinary registrants/regitarars and the registry itself free from those
> hassles.

I don't agree, we've seen the messes, and I predicted they would be
messy when they first announced their silly plans.  And they turned
out to be even more messy than I had envisioned.

There is no ideal solution, but FCFS is the best I've seen.  All other
plans have resulted in nothing but headaches and messes, and everyone
and their brother complaining that someone else might have gotten an
advantage through some perceived manipulation, real or imagined.

All the other "solutions" have just brought the nuts out of the
stands.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>