Re: [ga] Why Bret Fausett likes WLS?

Hello,

--- Boris Passer <bpasser@mail.ru> wrote:
> I tried to find logical basis of Bret's position and found the only
> one in
> Bret's words: "I like the WLS. I think it would benefit consumers"
> (http://icann.blog.us/categories/bucharest/).

Following that "logic" to its conclusion, consumers would "benefit" if
we eliminated all desserts except for vanilla ice cream, and at a cost
of $4/serving wholesale.

*Some* of us happen to like chocolate ice cream. A banana split with
raspberry icecream once in a while makes a yummy treat. Ever tried it
with those tasty sprinkles on top? Better hurry, because Verisign might
convince Baskin Robbins to put forth the Vanilla-Only Icecream Desserts
(VOID) regime. Frozen yogurt makers, will have to shut down, and switch
to VOID. Bill Cosby will be out of a job, since jello pudding will be
blacklisted.

And the consumer "benefit"? You'd be able to find $4/serving icecream
*everywhere*. Heaven forbid in the status quo that a consumer couldn't
walk an extra block to find vanilla icecream, if that's their
favourite.

Personally, I prefer to choose my desserts, and let manufacturers
innovate to sell me what will make me most happy. And with competition,
I'll be getting a good price. Some of them will even sell me cookies!

'C' is for cookie, that's good enough for me....

But in Verisign's world, 'C' is for cowardice...

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/