RE: [ga] WLS: Dotster posts the definitive arguments against it, and more

Hello,

--- "L. Gallegos" <jandl@jandl.com> wrote:
> I am totally against the WLS, but could you explain how it effects
> security and stabiltiy of the DNS?  We're talking about .COM, not the
> entire internet.

I'm glad you brought that up, about .COM possibly not being the entire
internet. I draw your attention to the statements of Verisign at:

http://www.neustar.com/pressroom/files/announcements/7601-washington_business_jrl.pdf

Verisign stated clearly that "I don't think there will *EVER* be
another .com" (emphasis added) It's that special place in the DNS that
requires that ICANN pay particular attention to the monopolist
Verisign, since by their own admission they are not just another
registry.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/