Re: [ga] Karl's latest

On 21:18 09/07/02, Joe Baptista said:
>no.  control of the dns resides with the end user.  impossing government
>control on the dns would require monopoly - and icann is a false monopoly
>- so at best any government representation will end up in the gutter.
>
>granted government intervention at this point will prolong it's life - but
>in the end it is end users who are in charge when it comes to root.

Joe,
what they do not understand is that Govs will not - do not accept the USG
root. They do not accept its 18 years old non mirrored, non backed-up, non
lived-tested system architecture, disseminating from an unique military,
hackers and terrorist targeted non mirrored, non backed-up non live-tested
computer system what is a small 262 2-to-4 letters strings and 749 numbers
14.5 K when zipped file, controlled by a single government able to decide
about any e-embargo against any of them or their allies out of any UN
decision, obtaining an exclusive information on their live and economy
through its logger, and making it so complex, for the TLDs it does not
list, that it de facto impeaches any DNS related social and economical
development without its agrement. With only 7 poor TLDs added in ... 18 years.

They do not understand that Govs will make the DN a stable, life long, and
free as the alphanumeric pointers to the online belongings of the
registrants they are. We will have told them. jfc