Re: [ga] Karl's latest

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin wrote:

> On 21:18 09/07/02, Joe Baptista said:
> >no.  control of the dns resides with the end user.  impossing government
> >control on the dns would require monopoly - and icann is a false monopoly
> >- so at best any government representation will end up in the gutter.
> >
> >granted government intervention at this point will prolong it's life - but
> >in the end it is end users who are in charge when it comes to root.
>
> Joe,
> what they do not understand is that Govs will not - do not accept the USG
> root. They do not accept its 18 years old non mirrored, non backed-up, non
> lived-tested system architecture, disseminating from an unique military,
> hackers and terrorist targeted non mirrored, non backed-up non live-tested
> computer system what is a small 262 2-to-4 letters strings and 749 numbers
> 14.5 K when zipped file, controlled by a single government able to decide
> about any e-embargo against any of them or their allies out of any UN
> decision, obtaining an exclusive information on their live and economy
> through its logger, and making it so complex, for the TLDs it does not
> list, that it de facto impeaches any DNS related social and economical
> development without its agrement. With only 7 poor TLDs added in ... 18 years.

exactlty.  i've been going on about this for a few years.  there should be
multiple roots as control of a root is critical to security.  all we need
is someone recording the names and numbers to avoid collission.

> They do not understand that Govs will make the DN a stable, life long, and
> free as the alphanumeric pointers to the online belongings of the
> registrants they are. We will have told them. jfc

hey it's all entertainment to me - watching the choosen attempt to take
control of something they never controlled in the first place.  I can't
help laughting at people like joe sims.  i really think at one point in
time he was under the impression icann was a global root monopoly.

the worm twists .. as joe sims rocks around the clock tonight.

regards
joe

www.dot-god.com