Re: [ga] OECD vs ICANN, re: WHOIS accuracy

Sunday, July 07, 2002, 12:36:25 PM, Karl Auerbach wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Allan Liska wrote:

>> I would like to suggest an alternative to the legal contact though.
>> If the goal is to reach someone responsible for the domain

> May I suggest that you are making an assumption that DNS names are
> unambiguous.

> If you get foo.biz - how do you know where to look?

> Remember, there are at least *two* .biz top level domains and you don't
> know which one is being used.  (By-the-way, I use the non-ICANN version of
> .biz)

No, I know where to look.

You look at the only one that is relevant to this discussion and to
this list, the one in the ICANN controlled roots.  What private DNS
networks choose to do is entirely their own business, and completely
irrelevant to this discussion and this list.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>