Re: [ga] new elections for icannatlarge.com approaching

What is your recommended course of action for a GA which can make a
difference?

Saturday, July 6, 2002, 1:44:24 PM, Karl Auerbach <karl@CaveBear.com> wrote:
KA> On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Vittorio Bertola wrote:

>> ....However, if you are interested in participating to
>> icannatlarge.com or, more generally speaking, in defending the role of the
>> public in the technical administration of the Internet, we encourage you to
>> immediately start to do the following:

KA> I do not see the logic that leads from your premise to your conclusion.
KA> The people who you elect will have no more power to affect ICANN's
KA> decisions than they do now - zero.

KA> You are substituting toys for real life.

KA> We have seen how ICANN lashed out against the GA when it dared to hold
KA> advisory votes.  The body you advocate that we vote for will be much less
KA> than the GA ever was, and that wasn't much.

KA>                 --karl--

KA> --
KA> This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----