Re: [ga] new elections for icannatlarge.com approaching

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> ....However, if you are interested in participating to
> icannatlarge.com or, more generally speaking, in defending the role of the
> public in the technical administration of the Internet, we encourage you to
> immediately start to do the following:

I do not see the logic that leads from your premise to your conclusion.
The people who you elect will have no more power to affect ICANN's
decisions than they do now - zero.

You are substituting toys for real life.

We have seen how ICANN lashed out against the GA when it dared to hold
advisory votes.  The body you advocate that we vote for will be much less
than the GA ever was, and that wasn't much.

		--karl--