Re: [ga] At-Large

At 08:53 4/07/02, Thomas Roessler wrote:

>After all, most of the problems we are dealing with here are not so much
>about technical, but rather about political feasibility, aren't they?

Correct.  And when you talk about political feasibility, you talk about
power and about contesting that power.

It looks as if the political feasibility window is closing further with
every subsequent  ICANN meeting.
The At Large members have to ask themselves the question whether they want
to be mere decoration, legitimizing an industry association, or whether
they want to create their own separate power base.

Acting from weakness, unorganized, betrayed by  people like Carl
Bildt,  they first have to create strenght by finding strong international
alliances and eliminate   from their own ranks what weakens them.

--Joop