Re: [ga] At-Large

Thomas and all assembly members,

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> Karl Auerbach wrote:
>
> > What we have here is a lack of will, not a lack of feasibility.
>
> It may be practically possible to create an ICANN membership somehow
> along the way of a publicly listed company.  However, that's not at all
> the point of what I wrote:  When I'm talking about feasibility, I also
> mean _political_ _feasibility_: What can be achieved within the current
> ICANN framework?

  Which current framework are you refering to?  the VERY recent
illegitimate "Black-and-Blueprint"?

> What can the constituencies and board be convinced to
> do?

  It is not a matter of convincing the Constituencies.  The White Paper
and MoU REQUIRE a At-Lagre membership in effect.

>  Ultimately: What can governments be convinced to do?

Most of the EU governments have already stated clearly that an At-Large
id greatly desired.  So it is true with the US, Canada and most of
the NAFTA nations.  Hence this is also not a serious concern either...

> Rephrasing
> that as a "lack of will" and pretending it's not a problem for this
> reason doesn't bring this debate anywhere.

  What reason?  Political?  Where it there a political problem except
from within the ICANN Staff and most of the BoD members, of which
the "Boardsqutters" still remain?  Hence these/this argument is not
valid, Thomas...

> After all, most of the problems we are dealing with here are not so much
> about technical, but rather about political feasibility, aren't they?

  Yes, unfortunately they are.  And those "Politics" are being purported
by a few "Boardsquatters" and ICANN staff members that are relative
amateurs as their "Political Arguments" have no sound basis, and have
been shown clearly that they do not.  Hence, as Karl has accurately
surmised and adequately provided counter arguments for along with
many many others, to be much more than sufficient...

> --
> Thomas Roessler (mobile) <roessler@does-not-exist.org>

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827