Re: [ga] At-Large

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> What we have here is a lack of will, not a lack of feasibility.

It may be practically possible to create an ICANN membership somehow
along the way of a publicly listed company.  However, that's not at all
the point of what I wrote:  When I'm talking about feasibility, I also
mean _political_ _feasibility_: What can be achieved within the current
ICANN framework? What can the constituencies and board be convinced to
do?  Ultimately: What can governments be convinced to do? Rephrasing
that as a "lack of will" and pretending it's not a problem for this
reason doesn't bring this debate anywhere.

After all, most of the problems we are dealing with here are not so much
about technical, but rather about political feasibility, aren't they?

--
Thomas Roessler (mobile) <roessler@does-not-exist.org>