Re: [ga] Re: news from bucharest: at large exists again

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, at 17:33 [=GMT+0300], Alexander Svensson wrote:

> I'm not highly enthusiastic for the ALAC idea, to make that
> clear. But it *may* be a way the At Large could prove that it's
> not only discussing At Large itself, but also handle issues like
> Whois, new TLDs etc. and have a meaningful role in policy
> development.

Is it not a bit too much to ask people to invest their (spare) time into
an enterprise that has many signs of be(com)ing ineffective, because of
the way the ICANN Board has so far handled the issue? At-Large efforts of
the Board can all be classified as side-tracking.

> (Don't attack the messenger, please: I believe
> that the At Large can do that. Some Board members clearly
> don't.)

Attack the Board then? :-/

If the Board is serious, it tells us very soon what the criteria will be
for organizations to be allowed to be part of the official At-Large. Until
such info materializes, I would advise anyone not to waste her time.