Re: [ga] right of GA to elect chair and

It is difficult to understand how Jonathan Cohen could make such a
statement when it is obvious to the GA members that it is exactly a
ploy to rid ICANN of its pesky complainants - the idividuals.  Whether
the purpose of the "Blueprint" is to silence the voice as punishment or
not is really immaterial.  It is definitely anti-free speech and designed to
exclude all but the dominant powers that currently exist.

In addition, the comments coming from Congress indicate a demand for
more inclusion, not less; more transparency, not less.  So far, ICANN is
having more behind-closed-door meetings, not fewer, as evidenced by
the one in Bucharest.

One might suppose that the lack of attendance at the DNSO meeting in
Bucharest was due to lack of interest.  I believe it is due to lack of
ability to travel all over the world for most individuals, the late hour for so
many in the US and the feeling of futility resulting from the Blueprint
document.  The fact that it was published at such a late date is also
typical, allowing for no reasonable amount of time to discuss it.
However, it is so blatant that the comments already made seem to be
overwhelmingly against its recommendations.

In light of the fact that the BoD will most likely approve it, according to
reports from Bucharest, why would there be a large number of people
attempting to refute it?  People are becoming very tired of being paid lip
service and having no voice in decision making.

Leah