[ga] Re: [atlarge-discuss] Bucharest on ICANN reform and NomCom

Jamie and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

  Well this is not surprising either...  Or at least given ICANN's
History to date it should not be surprising.  The "Blueprint"
has several flaws from a design stand point, as many have already
stated and observed publicly.

  In any event the "Borg-Like" attitude from the ICANN staff
and BoD are seeming the same old story and were obviously
not effected what so ever by the Senate hearings on June 12th is seems.

James Love wrote:

> Esther Dyson wrote:
> > the way you made it was not constructive.
>
>     What was going on in the at large meeting was that Esther and Denis were
> giving us the "go with the  Borg" pep talk.  It isn't constructive to
> disagree with they fundamental positions in the "blueprint" documents.
> "Constructive" contributions would be to working with the framework on the
> blueprint, and not object to the basic design.
>
>     We also received a lecture from Esther about how democracy isn't
> considered a good thing in many parts of the world.
>
>     I was asking if elections by the general public were in fact a taboo in
> the new ICANN blueprint.... seeing the GA "no vote" provision, and the way
> ICANN was created a "at large structures" that could apparently  never vote
> on anything, I was asking, is ICANN deliberately creating  a system where
> any expressions of popular are forbidden?
>
>      Raising this issue, or even asking the question, is "not constructive."
>
>       Jamie
>
> ------
> James Love, Consumer Project on Technology
> http://www.cptech.org, mailto:love@cptech.org
> voice: 1.202.387.8030; mobile 1.202.361.3040

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827