Re: [ga] WLS

Hello,

--- Andy Gardner <andy@navigator.co.nz> wrote:
> At 11:47 AM -0400 6/21/02, John Berryhill Ph.D. J.D. wrote:
> At the BEGINNING of day one, half of all WLS positions will be held
> by
> speculators.
>
> ONE HOUR LATER, 95% of all WLS positions will be held by speculators.
>
> Joe Blow won't get a look-in. Anyone who doesn't see that and bleats
> "it'll
> make it fair for the little guy" is an idiot.

I'm afraid it's even worse than that. Those are the stats for the "good
domains that have a high chance of expiring", that you want to have WLS
slots, if one has a sense of valuations. After the first hour, the most
gullible buyers, perhaps misled by spams and misinformation (imagine
the spam we'll start getting about "get that domain name you always
wanted!") will start buying WLS slots on names that will never expire
(sex.com, ibm.com, amazon.com, etc.), or on names that are so terrible
they'd have been better off not registering the name or waiting to
register it for the normal registration fee, as no one else would have
been 'competing' for that name.
Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/