Re: [ga] WLS Questions

At 04:27 PM 14/06/02 -0400, John Berryhill Ph.D. J.D. wrote:

>Dotster has a new spin on this.  Take a look at, say, www.jdhs.com
>.  There it sits, asking to be renewed, and not dropping, despite the
>fact that the alumni of John Dickinson High School would like to
>have it.  It expired on March 9.  How long do you want these things
>to sit around like that?

Archive.org's record on the previous owner is obfuscated by
a robots.txt file, but I don't see a compelling reason why
it can't sit like that forever, particularily as jdhs.net,
jdhs.org, jdhs.info, and, if the High School alumni intend to
be commercial, jdhs.biz are all still available. Apparently
so is jdhs.us, if that alumni is sort of in the US, if not,
it seems to be available across most all ccTLDs 2LDs or 3LDs.

I'd say leave jdhs.com on the shelf, it's stale-dated. And
speaking of that, remember the good old days when 4 letter
domain names were much sought after items by speculators?
Seems the market has really finally crashed. -g