Re: [ga] WLS Questions

Hi John,

I agreed with what you wrote, but the example you used seem odd:

> Dotster has a new spin on this.  Take a look at, say, www.jdhs.com .
> There
> it sits, asking to be renewed, and not dropping, despite the fact
> that the
> alumni of John Dickinson High School would like to have it.  It
> expired on
> March 9.  How long do you want these things to sit around like that?

My WHOIS says that jdhs.com is registered through OpenSRS (although the
nameservers are Dotster's, so it's parked there), and that it expires
March 9, 2003 (not 2002). Not sure which WHOIS you're using...

http://www.betterwhois.com/bwhois.cgi?domain=jdhs.com

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.   Domain Name: JDHS.COM
   Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net
   Referral URL: http://www.opensrs.org
   Name Server: NS1.DOTSTERINC.COM
   Name Server: NS2.DOTSTERINC.COM
   Updated Date: 19-jan-2002
The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

[rr-n1-tor.opensrs.net]
Registrant:
 Gapmount Ltd
 7 Lightley Close
 Sandbach, Cheshire CW11 4QE
 GB

 Domain Name: JDHS.COM

 Administrative Contact:
    Hall, John  ukdemon@ukdemon.demon.co.uk
    7 Lightley Close
    Sandbach, Cheshire CW11 4QE
    GB
    447976749907

 Technical Contact:
    Domains Team, UKReg  domains@fasthosts.co.uk
    Discovery House
    154 Southgate Street
    Gloucester, Gloucestershire GL1 2EX
    UK
    +44 1452 541252
    Fax: +44 1542 541633

 Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
 Record last updated on 20-Mar-2002.
 Record expires on 09-Mar-2003.
 Record Created on 09-Mar-2000.

 Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.DOTSTERINC.COM   64.85.73.18
    NS2.DOTSTERINC.COM   64.85.73.15

Dotster thinks it lapsed, but should have first checked that the name
is still with it as registrar (it's not, it was transferred to
OpenSRS).

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/