Re: [ga] WLS Questions

> I like the idea of a 30-to-60-day grace period.  It's a common business
> practice among insurance companies and providers of cable, telephone and
> other services.

It is also a common business practice at most registrars.  There are millions
of domain names.  No matter what kind of grace period is provided, there are
those which will be inadvertently not renewed.  NSI normally shuts off the
juice for quite a long time... people still don't pay and are still upset
when the name drops.

Dotster has a new spin on this.  Take a look at, say, www.jdhs.com .  There
it sits, asking to be renewed, and not dropping, despite the fact that the
alumni of John Dickinson High School would like to have it.  It expired on
March 9.  How long do you want these things to sit around like that?